FAQ for On-Site Covid-19 Testing
1. Does COVID-19 swab test cause pain or have any following side effects?
Complaints from those undergoing COVID-19 test include discomfort during the nose and throat swabbing procedures. Nevertheless, these side effects are temporary and manageable.
2. When will I obtain result of COVID-19 MOH panel lab report?
Within 24 hours for the lab to generate a detailed report. If you want the report to be generated faster, there will be extra incurred charges.
3. How long does the swabbing procedures take?
It will only take less than 5 minutes to complete. If you decide to opt for the Antibody Rapid Test Kit (RTK), then your finger will be pricked for us to collect a blood sample, which will only take a few seconds in total.
4. Which test is mandatory for international travelling purposes?
The Reverse Transcription– Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Test is mandatory for all international travels. The Antigen Rapid Test Kit (RTK-Ag) and the Antibody Rapid Test Kit (RTK) on the other hand is commonly used for local travel. However, we would highly recommend getting a RT-PCR test for a better assurance for your health condition before going for any trips.
5. Will test results be generated on weekends too?
Yes, results are generated within 24 hours after the test throughout the week.
6. Can I buy test kits from Medi SafeTest?
Currently, only the Antibody Rapid Test Kit (RTK) is available for purchase. Purchasing the kit would not include a lab report.
7. Which test has the most accurate and detailed detection?
As recommended and approved by the Ministry of Health Malaysia, the Reverse Transcription– Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) has the highest accuracy in detecting Covid-19. It has an accuracy percentage that is close to 100% along with a low chance of contamination or errors.
8. What are the requirements to be eligible for Medi SafeTest’s Covid-19 Test?
For locals, we would require you to present your identification card (IC) for registration.
For non locals, we would require you to present your identification card (IC) and your passport.